Why do We Need Professional Skin Peels or Exfoliation?
Desquamation (“detaching”) is when hardened, dehydrated surface skin cells are detached from the skin and replaced by new ones (cell turnover). Because the human skin produces over 36 million skin cells per day or 1 million every 40 minutes, not all dulling skin cells fall and desquamation and cell turnover slow down, and clogging and congestion take over. The result: dry, dull-looking skin.
Here at Nell Laser Clinic, our multi-phase approach to peels works with the skin not against it.
Depending on your skin type, three peels are recommended over 6-12 weeks, followed by maintenance twice a year. The whole procedure is non-invasive, painless and helps to fight the signs of aging. You will leave the treatment room refreshed.
If you want healthy, smooth and glowing skin, you want to think about having a peel done by a professional. Speak to your Skin Therapist today to see if it is right for you.
There are many kinds of chemical peels
1. Pro Power Peel
These fully customizable Pro Power Peels provide fastest and strongest peel that are perfectly suited to each client needs.
At Nell Clinic we use professional chemical peels (Pro Power Peel) from Dermalogica which approved by Health Canada.
2. Lactic Acid Peel (30%)
Lactic Acid (AHA), an alpha Hydroxy Acid, makes cell turnover more natural; while preventing hyper pigmentation or increased melanin formation. The skin’s barrier becomes more resilient because moisture is preserved. Collagen production is improved because Glycosaminoglycanes increase.
Salicylic Acid (BHA), a Beta Hydroxy Acid, increases desquamation; while enzymes like protease enzyme also help to shed dead skin cells, leaving skin much smoother.
3. Active Resurface 35 Treatment(Best facial peel for sensitive skin.)
This is a Professional Skin Exfoliation Treatment (Lactic Peel) customized to the needs of the individual’s skin. It stimulates cell renewal and cell turnover through gentle, yet intense resurfacing. The following conditions are addressed with this peel:
- Premature aging/sun damage/fine lines;
- Pigmentation/uneven skin tone;
What are the benefits of Active Resurface 35?
There is less inflammation, tissue damage and peeling generally associated with intense resurfacing treatments. As a result, only one week is required between the suggested 6 treatments.
At Nell Clinic in Toronto: We use Professional Exfoliations like Accelerator 35 (a Lactic Peel) with Lactic Acid; Salicylic Acid; and enzymes to give clients the best results.
Is there any down time?
4. Multivitamin Power Exfoliant
Is a professional Vitamin Peel for Drier, Mature or Prematurely-aging Skin.
Benefits of Formula:
- Lipid base is easily massaged and penetrates the skin without irritation.
- Contains 15% Salicylic Acid Concentrate (i.e. more than other peels); along with pure vitamins A, C, and E for immediate and optimal results.
Contraindications to Peels:
- Those with sunburned or irritated skin; or those who have waxed within the past 24 hrs. should not have this Peel.
- Must stop use of Retin-A, Renova, Adapalene, or any other medically prescribed exfoliating product 2 weeks before this Peel.
- Those taking Accutane or have taken Accutane within the past 6 months should not have this Peel.
Why Multivitamin Power Exfoliant?
Maximum strength; yet gently and non-abrasively removes dulling surface debris from the Stratum Corneum, leaving a healthier, fresher layer of new skin.
One week prior to, and one week after having this Treatment:
Use sunscreen and limit sun exposure.