Laser hair removal with Cutera Nd:YAG Cool Glide and IPL technology are FDA approved, safe and effective option for women and men who are desired to be hair free. At Nell Laser Clinic we use two kinds of laser hair removal systems: the award-winning Nd:YAG (Neodymium Yttrium Aluminum Garnet) Laser; and the IPL Laser. The sensation felt during the procedure with either laser is like a “hot pinch” or “snapping” feeling which lessens after each treatment.
Facial Laser Hair Removal in Toronto
If you are suffering from facial hair, probably ovarian cysts and polycystic ovarian syndrome are the causes. You can get more information in our blogs about it. But don’t worry always there is a solution. The Nd: YAG Laser is effective solution for facial hair removal on all skin colours and types, especially darker, coarser hair and darker or tanned skin. IPL technology, the second laser, combines popular Intense Pulsed light (IPL) with bi-polar frequency and is more effective on dark blonde, ash brown, finer hair on fairer facial skin. The both lasers will also eliminate facial ingrown hairs which cause bumps and skin infections.
How Laser Hair Removal Technology Works?
Laser Hair Removal targets the pigment (color) in the hair follicle. Normal hair growth cycle goes through three stages – anagen (growth), catagen (atrophy or resting) and telogen (dormancy or falls out) stage. The laser uses pulses laser light to target the pigments in the hair follicle. The pigments absorb the light energy, which damages the structure of the hair follicle in the anagen or hair growth stage. For this reason, multiple treatments are necessary for hair removal because not all hair is in the same stage at the same time. As a result, you need to have several laser sessions to effectively address hair follicles as they move into their active growth phases.
How many Treatments do I Need?
Hair removal requires a series of treatments. The number of treatments depends on body location and type of hair. Average number of treatments is 5-8. Average treatment interval is 6-12 weeks depending on the body part.
What we Should Expect After Treatment?
Three to seven days after each treatment you may experience what seems like regrowth of hair. However, most of those hairs are not re-growing but are being shed as a result of treatment.
Who Should Have Laser Hair Removal?
Both women and men would benefit from laser hair removal. For women, areas often treated are the face, neck, bikini line, Brazilian, tummy line, arms, legs, buttocks, and nipples. For men, areas include the face, neck, back, abdomen, legs, shoulders, chest.
What Should I Do Before Laser Hair Removal Treatment?
- You are asked to shave the area(s) being treated a few days before.
- It is recommended to avoid intense sun exposure for 7 days before laser hair removal
- Avoid chemical peel one to two weeks before on the area(s) being treated
- Discontinue Accutane 6 months before laser hair removal treatment
- Discontinue Retinol one week before laser hair removal treatment
- Hormonal influence (male hair growth pattern may require continual maintenance
POST-Treatment Laser Hair Removal CARE
- Hair may take up to 2 weeks to fall out
- Avoid heat for 24 hours – hot tubs, saunas, etc.
- Erythema and perifollicular edema are common for an hour to a day
- Do not ice a suspected burn and treat it as a wound
- Do not wax or pluck between treatments just shave
- Avoid sun exposure without wearing sunscreen
Watch Laser Hair Removal Video